Apr 21, 2011

Nursing Product Review: Modest Middles

As long as I've been nursing my babies, I've had so much difficulty finding nursing tops that fit my unique shape.  I was very happy to have discovered Modest Middles - it's a nursing tank top (or nursing undershirt) that has a "U" shaped front that fits under your bra line to cover your back, sides, and tummy while you lift up the non-nursing shirt of your choice to nurse your baby!  




 So I recently contacted Amy Maschue (owner/designer/mom of 5/superwoman) about writing this blog review, and she was kind enough to send me a Modest Middle to try!  Amy - you are a genius for inventing Modest Middles, and on behalf of breastfeeding moms everywhere,
 thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!


(Please note that though Amy generously provided me with a Modest Middle to write this review, no amount of money (or free stuff) can buy my opinions, which are, of course, priceless.)




 Here's what I love about Modest Middles:
  • I can wear whatever nursing bra and shirt I want - I'm no longer limited to nursing shirts!
  • Because you don't have to buy a new nursing wardrobe, you save a ton of money!  
  • The fabric is super soft, lightweight, and stays in place well - keeping your back, sides, and tummy completely covered - it doesn't "ride up."
  • The straps are adjustable, so you can customize your fit.
  • The tanks are slightly longer than regular shirts, to give you extra coverage.  You can tuck them in or leave them untucked for a layered look.
  • Breastfeeding in a Modest Middle is SO EASY!!   I've had first-hand experience with wearing tank tops such as this one underneath my regular shirts.  The problem?  Aside from the awkward way the slit bunched up underneath my shirt, hungry babies do not like to wait patiently while you lift your shirt, unhook the tank's clasp, unhook your bra clasp, and then navigate your breast through that darn slit.  Modest Middles makes it as simple as lifting your shirt and unhooking your nursing bra!
  • This is a great option for those brave women out there who are breastfeeding while pregnant!  I wish I would have known about Modest Middles a year ago when I was struggling to find nursing tops that could accommodate my growing belly!
  • They're available in black, white, and nude - good staple colors to go with whatever you wear.  But Modest Middles will also be introducing grey and purple colors in June!!


Any Issues?

  • Sizing - After reading the sizing guide, I requested a white, size large.  It seemed to fit great, but when I stretched it over my tummy/hip area, the fabric seemed to become transparent (so you could see my colored skirt through the tank).  So Amy sent me an XL, and it worked much better.  I guess having two kids back to back has left that area slightly larger (...okay, maybe a bit more than slightly)!  :o)
  • Straps - Sometimes the straps tend to fall off my shoulders.  However, this is an easy fix that Amy's already addressed online.  If you secure your Modest Middle strap inside your nursing bra clasp, they will stay in place perfectly.


Pricing

About the price - I consider $29.99 expensive for an undershirt.  Yes, there are cheaper versions out there, and yes, I have tried some of them.  None of them come close to being as comfortable to wear and easy to use as Modest Middles - so considering how much use you'll get out of them, (not to mention the money you save by not having to buy a whole new wardrobe of nursing shirts), I think it's well worth the price.  One more thing - right now, you can buy two tanks for $53.99 (making them $26.99 each) or three tanks for $69.99 (making them $23.33 each)!

And as a special treat for just for YOU, my dear readers...


I absolutely love Modest Middles and would definitely recommend them to any breastfeeding momma!  Click here to visit the Modest Middles website, here to like them on Facebook, and here to follow them on Twitter!  


If anyone decides to try Modest Middles, please comment and let me know what you think!  I hope you love them as much as I do!!



No comments:

Post a Comment