Feb 24, 2012

A Story from the Trenches of Mommyhood

Well it's been a while!  I've been in a blogging "rut" lately, and though a lot has been going on, I just haven't felt like writing about it, lol.  But today, I feel like it.  So here we go.

We live in a home with one bathroom.  One toilet, one bathtub, and one bathroom sink.  As there are four of us living here, this presents some challenges.  Because I had just put the girls in the bathtub and hadn't even shampooed their hair or soaped them up, when Isabelle informed me that "Lacey diarrhea."

Oh yes.  Lacey diarrhea.



So we scooped the girls out of the bathtub to drain the water, only to realize that the water won't drain.  Blake's pretty handy with a plunger, so he got to work.  Meanwhile, I gave the girls a sponge-bath by the sink (which they did not enjoy).  But, alas, the plunger and a whole bottle of Liquid Plumber were no match for this clog.

So this morning I showered at Blake's grandparents' house down the road, and we called a plummer, who was finally able to unclog the giant hairball from the drain.  And now it's time to put on my Big Girl Panties and disinfect the bathtub...for the rest of the night weekend.



Let's chat!  Any horror stories from the trenches of Mommyhood?  What's the absolute worst mess you've had to clean?

No comments:

Post a Comment