Mar 19, 2012

DIY Cord Storage Project!

I've been on an organizing kick lately, and I was completely inspired after reading this post from one of my new favorite blogs!  I, too, was guilty of storing all of my cords and connections in one box, and always struggled to find (and then untangle) the one I needed!  So last week when we took a trip to Hobby Lobby, I bought a photo storage box ($3.99) and some pretty scrapbook paper (5 @ $.59 each).  I cut an old diaper box to form the dividers, then decoupaged it with the paper.  I cut slats, then put it together!  Here's the before/after:




End result: I now have a way to neatly store and organize my cords and connections in a pretty box!  

<3.

3 comments:

  1. It turned out SO great! I love the before and after, it made my heart smile! Thank you so much for sharing!

    xoxo!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably a dumb question but how did you attach the scrapbook paper? Mod Podge? Spray adhesive? It looks great, btw. I am doing this ASAP!! Thanks!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! I used Mod Podge (matte finish) to attach the scrapbook paper, and once that was dry, I used the same Mod Podge again to seal it. Good luck!!

      Delete