Jun 27, 2011

quick little update

It's so funny that when I finally have time to sit down and write, I can't think of what to say!  But since I haven't written in a while, here's a quick little update:

Isabelle is doing fine, just growing into more of a toddler every day.  Lately she's been throwing tantrums, especially when we're out shopping (which is, effectively, blackmail).  It's hard not to get frustrated, but teaching a toddler to behave is not something that happens overnight - it's a process.  So I just pray for patience.  We're also about to start potty-training Isabelle!  I need to do a little research on different methods as well as make sure she's ready, but potty-training updates are coming soon!

Lacey's had several milestones!  She's gotten two teeth, learned to pull herself up, and learned to crawl!  I can't believe how big she's gotten!  She's still not eating solid food, though not for lack of effort on our part.  She seems really grossed out when it comes to solids - that's another thing we're working on!

Blake's doing good too.  He had a wonderful Father's Day last week.  Because of the nature of his job, he's been working a lot lately, and that's been a source of much frustration for both of us.  We just wrapped up a great weekend though, and we got to spend lots of quality time together!  I'm SO thankful for that!

The new house is coming together quite nicely.  I'm finished unpacking, although still working on organizing.  Blake started on the addition (master bathroom, closets, utility room, shed), but he can't do anything else until he gets a third-party inspector to come out here.  I have a feeling it's going to be a slow process.

My wonderful little sister Lauren came to visit a few weeks ago, and she'll be coming again next week!  She gives me SO much help with the girls and housework!  We all love spending time with her, and we can't wait for her to come next week!

Anyway, I'm going to drink some coffee and try to get a little housework done before the girls get up!  Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment